Before registering for an Alberta Secure Access Service User ID, please read and agree to the following Privacy Notice. The full Privacy Statement can be reviewed at the link below.
Alberta Secure Access Service Privacy Notice
- This is a two-step process:
- Registration to the Alberta Secure Access Service and
- A Request for Enrolment for each on-line application to which access is requested.
- In order to register for the Alberta Secure Access Service you will need to provide some personal information. In future you must keep this personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Your personal information is being collected for the Alberta Secure Access Service under the authority of section 8 of the Government Organization Act and section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) as the information is necessary for the purposes stated below.
- When you provide your personal information for the Alberta Secure Access Service:
- the personal information being collected is required to uniquely identify you for the purposes of the Alberta Secure Access Service and;
- the information will only be used to verify who you are and assist you to enrol in Government of Alberta and related on-line applications, including new ones which may be added in the future.
- Your consent may be requested and recorded during the Alberta Secure Access Service enrolment process. Your personal information will be exchanged between ministries of the Government of Alberta only as necessary for Alberta Secure Access Service enabled on-line applications.
- Once you are registered with the Alberta Secure Access Service and subsequently enrolled in individual ministry on-line applications, the Alberta Secure Access Service will provide you with the ability to access other Alberta Secure Access Service enabled applications during one computer session (Single Sign-On).
- When you login to the Alberta Secure Access Service with your Government of Alberta User ID and password, an encrypted, temporary, non-persistent “cookie“ will be inserted into your browser’s memory. This cookie will help to pass permission information to different Government of Alberta secure Access Service enabled applications so that you do not have to login again.
- Your Alberta Secure Access Service User ID and password combination provides access to personal information. Consequently, you must keep your password secure and will be responsible for any unauthorized access, collection, use and disclosure of personal information that results from not keeping your password secret.
- While you are logged into the Alberta Secure Access Service, information about you cannot be intercepted or captured because the cookie is in an unreadable format; and when you logout, close your web browser, or exceed the allocated time limit, the cookie will be automatically deleted from your web browser.
- You may choose not to provide your personal information to the Alberta Secure Access Service. Other approaches may be available so that you may gain access to the service that you require. In that case, however, the service you require may not be delivered electronically.
- You may cancel your Alberta Secure Access Service User ID and password at any time. If you do so, you will no longer be registered in the Alberta Secure Access Service or have access to any Government of Alberta on-line applications that you have enrolled in until such time as you request and complete a new registration at a later date.
- If you have FOIP related questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for the Alberta Secure Access Service, you may contact the ASAS Helpdesk at 780-644-5770 or use ASAS.email@example.com.
- By clicking "I agree", I agree to the collection and disclosure of my personal information on the terms stated above.